My Blog List

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Artists and their work

John McCracken is the artist I chose for Minimalism. As I was looking up different artists for this category the mirrored cubes caught my eye. I love the green grass reflected off the cube. The reflection of grass and reflected light is really neat to me, all the different reflections really create a neat piece of art work.



Christine Corday is one the artists i chose for Postminimalism. I posted this picture because the lighting is amazing and the space the piece was put in complements it very well. I like the roughness of the area as well I think the placement of the light is important to this piece. Tom Friedman is the other artist I chose for Postminimalism. I chose him because there is a lot going on in his work, and I like the quirky gore.


Michelangelo Pistoletto is the artist I chose for Arte Povera. I picked him from the rest because I like his use of mirrors and how they reflect the viewer in the artwork. 


Chris Drury is the artist I chose for Process Art. I chose him because I really love the way he creates art with things that come from the earth and how they flow and fit with the natural world.

No comments:

Post a Comment